libpff is a library to access the Personal Folder File (PFF) and the Offline Folder File (OFF) format.
These format are used by Microsoft Outlook to store email, contacts and other data.
* Status: alpha
* Licence: LGPLv3+
PFF/OFF is used in several file types:
* PAB (Personal Address Book)
* PST (Personal Storage Table)
* OST (Offline Storage Table)
* 32-bit ANSI (string)
* 64-bit Unicode (string)
* 64-bit with 4k pages with DEFLATE compression (Compressed OST files) (as of version 20130722)
* item recovery
* handles corrupted encrypted PFF with encryption type none
* PFF forensics - analyzing the horrible reference file format: https://github.com/libyal/documentation/blob/master/PFF%20Forensics%20-%20analyzing%20the%20horrible%20reference%20file%20format.pdf
* PFF forensics - e-mail and appoinment falsification analysis: https://github.com/libyal/documentation/blob/master/PFF%20forensics%20-%20e-mail%20and%20appoinment%20falsification%20analysis.pdf
* MAPI definitions: https://github.com/libyal/libfmapi/blob/master/documentation/MAPI%20definitions.pdf
* Multi-threading support
* The Java (JNI) bindings are not operational and are there as long-term work in progress.
For more information see:
* Project documentation: https://github.com/libyal/libpff/wiki/Home
* How to build from source: https://github.com/libyal/libpff/wiki/Building